Frequently Asked Questions
1. What does it mean to have an individual lease?
Individual leasing means that each person is only responsible for their portion of the common areas and their bedroom. If your roommate ends up not coming back for the spring semester, you’re not responsible for their payment.
2. What is included in the rent?
- Campus Oaks rent includes: sewer, trash service, and washer & dryer inside the unit.
- What’s not included: electricity, water, internet
3. Do you have a roommate matching service?
Yes, we offer a roommate matching system. If you don’t have anyone in mind that you would like to live with, let us match you up with someone! There is a Roommate Matching Sheet that you will fill out to let us know more about what you’re looking for in a roommate. Then, we spend weeks in the summer figuring out the best match for you based on that information.
4. When is my rent due?
The rent is always due on the 1st of each month. You can pay up front (due August 1), in semester installments (due August 1 and January 1), or in twelve installments (due August 1 and on the first of the month for the next 11 consecutive months).
5. How do I pay my rent?
We accept payment via check, money order, or through the online system.
6. Do you allow pets?
7. Is there an insurance coverage in the event of fire, theft or natural causes? Does my lease provide coverage for my belongings?
Campus Oaks' insurance policy will not cover for your personal items. We recommend the tenants to obtain a renter’s insurance for this reason. It is generally inexpensive and will cover your personal belongings if something were to happen.
8. What if I need to break my lease or don’t return for the spring semester?
Campus Oaks’ lease is binding and cannot be broken. If you cannot live at Campus Oaks after signing your lease, you will need to re-let (sublease it out).
9. What if I need maintenance service?
Simply email email@example.com and request for maintenance service. If it’s an emergency, please text 224-723-0861.
10. What furniture is provided?
Campus Oaks is fully furnished with a twin-sized mattress, desk and chair, and a dresser. The living area comes with a comfortable couch, chair, coffee table, and 65" TV. The kitchen comes fully equipped with energy efficient appliances, a stainless-steel refrigerator, dishwasher, washer & dryer, and a dining table and chairs.
11. How do I receive mail and packages?
Your mail and packages from United States Postal Service (USPS) will be delivered to your apartment’s mailbox located on Campus Oaks property. United Parcel Service (UPS) packages will be delivered directly to the apartment front door.
12. What do I need to bring to my new apartment?We suggest that you bring:
- Bedding for a twin-sized bed
- Decorations to make your new room feel like home!
13. Is parking available?
Yes. Regular surface parking and cover spots are both $35/month/spot.
14. How much is the security deposit?
The security deposit is equal to one month’s rent.